Monday, August 5, 2013

Summer Movie Car Love

As we are in the midst of one of the hottest summers in recent history, I've been staying in a lot and watching movies.  I started to think what are the best movies set during the summer.  I found a lot of lists of what the people think are the "Top 10 Best Summer Movies".  And then I thought why don't I compile a list of my own, "The Best Cars in Summer Movies".   The order I listed is by my choice of best movie, not by the car.  You may or may not agree that these are the best summer movies, but one thing I do know, these are all movies that bring back some memories for one or all of you!

10.  1964 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray - Body Heat (1981)  Never saw this movie, but it was on every top 10 summer movie list, so I thought I had to include it.  I guess I'll have to watch it now!

 
 9.  1967 Cadillac De Ville Convertible - Do the Right Thing (1989)  I have to admit to never seeing this one also.  Same as above applies.  Will add it to my list!
 

 
8.  1984 Suzuki Samurai - Cocktail (1988) When I was trying to think of movies that make me think SUMMER.  I thought of this one.  Okay movie, of course Tom Cruise is hot so it really didn't matter.  I actually barely remember this scene.  What I more significantly remember is the dumb Suzuki Samurai tv commercials....beep, beep, HI!
 

 
7.  1970 Pontiac GTO - Dazed and Confused (1993)  I just recently saw this movie.  Pretty good, had a lot of great cars.
 

 
6.  1932 Ford Deuce Coupe - American Graffiti (1973)  Great movie, gorgeous cars and a soundtrack that takes you back to a simpler time.


5.  1967 Winnebago Brave - Independence Day (1996)  You're probably saying a Winnebago, what about the red 1965 Ford Mustang that Will Smith's character drove?  I thought the comic relief that the Winnebago offered had more of a starring role than the (personal favorite) Mustang had.

 

 4.  1956 Ford Farlaine Crown Victoria - Dirty Dancing (1987) Patrick Swayze shirtless...need I say more.



3.  1949 Ford Custom Coupe Convertible - Stand by Me (1986)  Another great movie that makes you nostalgic for childhood adventures.


2.  1985 Ford Bronco - American Pie 2 (2001)  A fun movie that makes you feel like a college kid again and reminds you why you never want to go back.  I always loved the bronco and how the back seat is open.


1.  1960 Desoto Fireflite - The Sandlot (1993)  To me The Sandlot is the ultimate summertime movie.  It helps you remember the times when you would leave the house early in the morning to play with your friends and would not go home until the sun went down.
 
 
Like I said, you may not agree with me, and that's okay. 
 
 
Pictures sourced from:  http://www.imcdb.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment